Stylish Interior Designs Elevate Living Rooms
Posted by Eric Morgan on June 17, 2014
Whether homeowners have modern, eclectic or traditional decors, interior designers recommend the latest color trends and styles that are bold, gripping and show stealing.
- Blue – A tried and true classic, this calming color looks fabulous in layers of soft blue tones. Consider using a common blue element in each room of the home to create a cohesive flow. Consider exploring a naval theme, with blue and white decor.
- Molding – Paint ceiling mold a gloss white tone, which helps set it apart from soft, muted wall colors.
- Purple – Pairing beautifully with gold and silver, this rich, royal hue is show stealing as living room accents.
- Tall Ceilings – Over scale lighting accessories look best in homes that feature ceilings greater than 13 feet.
- Bohemian – To elevate bohemian style to stunning and chic, pair a wide variety of floral, ikat and mixed striped patterns. This gives a colorful, well kept appearance to homes that prefer to mix a variety of decor styles and patterns.
- Black and White – Iconic and classic, this season also focuses on embracing soft white and black palettes, while highlighting natural textures, such as cowhide or sheepskin rugs.
- Monochrome – Mixing a variety of neutral, monochromatic tones can instantly brighten up dark spaces, making them feel alive and energetic.
- Mint Green – Popular in the 1950s and 1960s, this color receives a revival when paired with chocolate brown and pink, makes an eye-catching accent.
- Revivalist Styles – To revive rooms and breathe new life into spaces, incorporate a mixture of sunshine yellow hues that pair superbly with bold fuchsia accents.
- Textiles – A great alternative for adding spice to rooms is pairing neutral-tone furniture with colorful, vivid textiles, which gives rooms a burst of fresh, new character.
- Gray – Understated and almost jewel-like, gray is a calming accent color that pairs well with white or Lucite furniture.
- Glamorous – For homeowners that are looking for old-world glamorous styles, consider incorporating a variety of ebony tones with high-end fabrics, such as silk and cashmere.
- Bold – Consider going bold with accents that reflect eggplant and tangerine orange tones. Incorporate rich wood wall mirrors for an elegant, upscale design.
- Patterns – Consider lining bookshelves with pattern wallpaper, such as a bold izak texture, and placing accessories on shelves.
- Happy – For an uncommon, upbeat color scheme, explore mixing off-white furniture with accents of aqua, chartreuse and lavender.
- Mountain – To incorporate a mountain style into homes, consider opting for industrial style furniture, dark steel accents and a restrained, earth-tone palette.
The Oval and Round Mirror Store offers a superb selection of home decor, including round mirrors, rectangle mirrors and oval mirrors. With custom design options, there offer mirrors for any style of home interior decors.