Posted on 2nd Dec 2011 @ 4:00 PM
Decorating your home for the holidays is a fun way to fill your family and guests with Christmas cheer. There are many Christmas decorating ideas that will turn your home into a warm and festive place in which to celebrate and be merry.
Do something a little different this year by decorating your mirrors. The mirrors in your home are just waiting to be adorned with these Christmas decorating ideas.
1. Hang beaded or mirrored garland snowflakes over your living room mirrors to enhance a white and sparkly holiday theme. You could do this with just about anything…garland, beads, popcorn, Christmas cards, handmade snowflakes, ribbon, etc. It does not have to be expensive, just use something you already have.
2. Hang an ornament large or small over a mirror with a small string.
3. Hang a wreath over your entryway mirror to add a welcoming Christmas feel.
4. Candles are a wonderful way to create ambience and warmth. Place pillar candles in groups on mantels or tables and surround them with garland or cranberries to add a festive touch. Putting a silver tray under the candles not only protects the surface of your furniture but also creates elegance. Placing lit candles in front of an oval wall mirror is another lovely way to turn candlelight into a beautiful decoration.
5. Drape tiny tree lights on your mirror along with swags and garlands.
6. Hang a mini wreath decorated with cranberries at the top of the frame.
7. A beautiful and sentimental Christmas decorating idea is to put photos of your family celebrating past Christmases in silver and gold frames around your home. Arranging them in groups is a great way to see how much you have all changed from holiday to holiday and will invite lively conversation as the photos bring back memories of past celebrations.
8. Use Children’s bath crayons to draw Christmas decorations on your mirrors.
9. Create an eye-catching centerpiece in your living room by hanging 6 or 7 glass or silver decorations from different lengths of thread and secure them behind the top of a mirror with sticky tape. Perfect for adding some festive sparkle to your home!
10. Decorate the mirror with a home made evergreen hand tie of foliage from the garden or off cuts from the Christmas tree which will add the instant fragrance of Christmas with a simple hand tie held together and with rich berry colored satin ribbons in red and plums and a few well chosen balls to accompany the scheme.
11. Hang a garland over the top of the Bathroom Mirror